Things to Do
Our onsite programs are stations throughout the zoo containing educational resources such as artifacts and activities for the public! Current onsite stations at the zoo are listed below.
Stations are open daily throughout the summer, and are dependent on the number of volunteers we have each day.
- Look like your favorite big cat or enjoy a colorful snake slithering down your arm. Best of all, face painting is free!
Endangered Species Table
- Learn about some of the challenges certain wild animals face and what zoos are doing to protect these amazing species.
Domestic Animal Table
- Learn about what it means to be a domestic animal and how they differ from their exotic relatives.
Avian Adventure Table
- This interactive station offers a feather matching game perfect for all ages. Learn about the amazing stories behind our birds of prey and watch a demonstration on how oil spills can impact these feathered creatures.
- This is a fun and interactive opportunity for kids to learn the concept of adaptations and how they're important.
Onsite programming is almost completely volunteer run! Click here to find out more about our volunteer opportunities at the zoo.
- Daily Memorial Day - Labor Day
- Weekends only before Memorial Day and after Labor Day
- 11:00 am - Tortoise racing (weather & temperature dependent)
- 12:00 pm - Andean bear lunch feeding
- 1:00 pm - North American river otter lunch feeding
- 2:00 pm - Education animal meet & greet (playground in upper zoo)
Ride the Carousel
- Take a ride on one of Broome County’s six antique carousels. Open Memorial Day - Labor Day. For carousel information, call (607) 772-7017.
Leopard's Spot Snack Shack
- Our brand new concession stand is now open! Food and drink offerings are available during select hours.
Zoovenirs Gift Shop
- For 2014, we introduce a brand new gift shop! Stop by on your way out to pick up that memorable Binghamton Zoo souvenir.